The Forum Funway » The Forum Diary

• Unsmoked
    Unsmoked
    We're influential enough to make it part of the Infrastructure Bill. No more printing important brown messages on brown backgrounds.

We're influential enough to make it part of the Infrastructure Bill. No more printing important brown messages on brown backgrounds.

• Jan_CAN
    Jan_CAN
    Unsmoked, in case the Bill doesn't pass, can you adjust your device's background colour? I'm seeing a gray background, post text is in white, and the numbers at the bottom are in black.

Unsmoked, in case the Bill doesn't pass, can you adjust your device's background colour? I'm seeing a gray background, post text is in white, and the numbers at the bottom are in black.

• Unsmoked
    Unsmoked
    I'm not able to change my background color which is orange wallpaper with yellow and pink falling leaves. On top of this is a dark brown message board with white messages and faint falling leaves. The previous page numbers are black against the dark brown making them invisible to the naked eye. I've already mentioned the squeezed cat avatar. None of this detracts from my being appreciative that Nhoj got us off the streets as winter approaches.

I'm not able to change my background color which is orange wallpaper with yellow and pink falling leaves. On top of this is a dark brown message board with white messages and faint falling leaves. The previous page numbers are black against the dark brown making them invisible to the naked eye. I've already mentioned the squeezed cat avatar. None of this detracts from my being appreciative that Nhoj got us off the streets as winter approaches.

• Nhoj Morley
    Nhoj Morley
    Week #2- Still no cease and desist order about the forum name. It proves there is no way to get their attention. The color scheme and layout are a recreation of my first site at hostbaby. Putting light letters on a dark background is mainly so I can see and read it. It is an autumnish look and is appropriately seasonal at the moment. The page numbers are a surprise. I do have an option for a second format that I will explore. Perhaps charcoal grey with pink page numbers. I invite suggestions. A warm welcome to all who have crossed over.

Week #2-

Still no cease and desist order about the forum name. It proves there is no way to get their attention.

The color scheme and layout are a recreation of my first site at hostbaby. Putting light letters on a dark background is mainly so I can see and read it. It is an autumnish look and is appropriately seasonal at the moment. The page numbers are a surprise.

I do have an option for a second format that I will explore. Perhaps charcoal grey with pink page numbers. I invite suggestions.

A warm welcome to all who have crossed over.

• Lady Jane
    Lady Jane
    I wonder if anyone ever thought to produce an underarm deodorant of New Car Smell. You could look like shit but still smell like a showroom.

I wonder if anyone ever thought to produce an underarm deodorant of New Car Smell.

You could look like shit but still smell like a showroom.

• Unsmoked
    Unsmoked
    L.J. We could present this idea on Shark Tank - asking $100,000 for 5% of the company. A deodorant line with a number of scents and colors? The popcorn smell in movie theatre lobbies?

L.J. We could present this idea on Shark Tank - asking $100,000 for 5% of the company. A deodorant line with a number of scents and colors? The popcorn smell in movie theatre lobbies?

• Lady Jane
    Lady Jane
    An entire line of products. Called Circus Freaks. And a catchy jingle too. Yeah see yeah. Apply New Car Smell in the morning and feel like a Ferrari all day. Why venture out to a Covid laden movie theatre when you can get that Popcorn smell right here. “Hey Marsha are you making popcorn?” “No silly that’s me! Did you buy a new car recently Greg?” “Nope. I’m wearing the ever popular New Car Smell antiperspirant. Isn’t it the most?” “You guys smell like the Drive In.” “Hi Bill!” “Where’s Linda?” “Say, Bill, did you step in something on your way over here? You smell awful.” “That’s my new roll on. I purchased it for Linda but I misread the label. And now she’s making me wear it to teach me a lesson.” “What lesson could be learned from smelling like a monkey’s arse?” “Turns out they also make gag gifts. They really should stock those in a different aisle.” “I’m not gonna lie to ya Billy. It’s not good.” “Yes I’m well aware. Can we drop it please?” “So did you get the lowdown from Boy Blunder? I booked you an appointment with the eye doctor by the way.” “C’mon it was an honest mistake. You used to love Sweet Tarts.” “That wasn’t me Bill. You are confusing me with that hood rat you used to date. Do they make one called Wild Turkey and Camel Lights?” “I dunno Linda do they have one called Let It Go You Crazy Shrew?!” “Whoa you guys this is supposed to be fun. There must be a tonne of smells we can all agree on.” “Yeah lets look at the list again.” “Yeah, or, you know, do something else entirely unrelated.” Okay. Cinnamon Marshmallow. Burnt Toast. Patent Leather. Ice Cream Sundae. Cedar Trees. Cuban Cigar. “Puppy Breath!” “Yes. Puppy Breath.” “I mean who doesn’t like the smell of puppy breath?” “Totally. It’s impossible not to love that smell.” “You’d have to be an absolute psychopath.” Although your dog may get old and eat its own feces you can still smell like the day he was born.

An entire line of products. Called Circus Freaks. And a catchy jingle too. Yeah see yeah.

Apply New Car Smell in the morning and feel like a Ferrari all day.

Why venture out to a Covid laden movie theatre when you can get that Popcorn smell right here.

“Hey Marsha are you making popcorn?”

“No silly that’s me! Did you buy a new car recently Greg?”

“Nope. I’m wearing the ever popular New Car Smell antiperspirant. Isn’t it the most?”

“You guys smell like the Drive In.” “Hi Bill!” “Where’s Linda?”

“Say, Bill, did you step in something on your way over here? You smell awful.”

“That’s my new roll on. I purchased it for Linda but I misread the label. And now she’s making me wear it to teach me a lesson.”

“What lesson could be learned from smelling like a monkey’s arse?”

“Turns out they also make gag gifts. They really should stock those in a different aisle.”

“I’m not gonna lie to ya Billy. It’s not good.”

“Yes I’m well aware. Can we drop it please?”

“So did you get the lowdown from Boy Blunder? I booked you an appointment with the eye doctor by the way.”

“C’mon it was an honest mistake. You used to love Sweet Tarts.”

“That wasn’t me Bill. You are confusing me with that hood rat you used to date. Do they make one called Wild Turkey and Camel Lights?”

“I dunno Linda do they have one called Let It Go You Crazy Shrew?!”

“Whoa you guys this is supposed to be fun. There must be a tonne of smells we can all agree on.”

“Yeah lets look at the list again.” “Yeah, or, you know, do something else entirely unrelated.”

Okay. Cinnamon Marshmallow. Burnt Toast. Patent Leather. Ice Cream Sundae. Cedar Trees. Cuban Cigar.

“Puppy Breath!” “Yes. Puppy Breath.” “I mean who doesn’t like the smell of puppy breath?”

“Totally. It’s impossible not to love that smell.”

“You’d have to be an absolute psychopath.”

Although your dog may get old and eat its own feces you can still smell like the day he was born.

• Unsmoked
    Unsmoked
    Like Trump, we could start catering to specific markets that are usually neglected by big companies like Old Spice. For example, for the millions of gun aficionado we could have a roll-on that smells like a freshly discharged AR-15. For all the inked motorcycle enthusiasts - the scent of a tattoo parlor? 2-cycle exhaust fumes? Our spokesperson's slogan for the TV ads = "I love the smell of 2-cylce exhaust fumes in the morning!"

Like Trump, we could start catering to specific markets that are usually neglected by big companies like Old Spice. For example, for the millions of gun aficionado we could have a roll-on that smells like a freshly discharged AR-15.

For all the inked motorcycle enthusiasts - the scent of a tattoo parlor? 2-cycle exhaust fumes? Our spokesperson's slogan for the TV ads = "I love the smell of 2-cylce exhaust fumes in the morning!"

• Lady Jane
    Lady Jane
    I long for the days when gasoline and gun metal are replaced with cotton candy and apple pie. Let this era fade into history. It’s time to retire the red trucker hats and decide what democracy smells like.

I long for the days when gasoline and gun metal are replaced with cotton candy and apple pie. Let this era fade into history. It’s time to retire the red trucker hats and decide what democracy smells like.

• Unsmoked
    Unsmoked
    Like Norway and Iceland? https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/democracy-countries quote from this article: The 10 most democratic nations in the world (2020): Norway (9.87) Iceland (9.58) Sweden (9.39) New Zealand (9.26) Finland (9.25) Ireland (9.24) Canada (9.22) Denmark (9.22) Australia (9.09) Switzerland (9.03) The United States scored 7.92 in 2020 and again landed in the "flawed democracy" category, where it has resided since falling from "full democracy" in 2016. Intolerance of COVID-19 restrictions, distrust in the government, bipartisan gridlock, and especially the increasing ideological polarization between democrats and republicans are all cited as contributors to the lower score.

Like Norway and Iceland?
    https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/democracy-countries

quote from this article: The 10 most democratic nations in the world (2020):
    Norway (9.87)
    Iceland (9.58)
    Sweden (9.39)
    New Zealand (9.26)
    Finland (9.25)
    Ireland (9.24)
    Canada (9.22)
    Denmark (9.22)
    Australia (9.09)
    Switzerland (9.03)
    The United States scored 7.92 in 2020 and again landed in the "flawed democracy" category, where it has resided since falling from "full democracy" in 2016. Intolerance of COVID-19 restrictions, distrust in the government, bipartisan gridlock, and especially the increasing ideological polarization between democrats and republicans are all cited as contributors to the lower score.

Please or register to post.

Add your message- It will be added as the newest post